Easy Guide on How to Make Refreshing Apricot Juice at Home
- 1Large Pot For cooking the apricots.
- 1Sharp Knife For cutting the apricots.
- Cutting Board To chop the apricots.
- Wooden Spoon For stirring the apricots while they cook and for helping to dissolve the sugar.
- Blender Fine-Mesh Strainer or Cheesecloth
- Fine-Mesh Strainer or Cheesecloth To strain the juice and separate it from the pulp.
- Large Bowl or Jug To collect the strained juice.
- Pitcher To serve the juice.
- Serving Glasses To serve the juice.
- Ice Cube Tray you want to serve the juice over ice.
- 1 Kg Ripe apricots
- 1 Cup 1 cup sugar (adjust to your taste)
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Some Icecube For Serving
- Preparation of Apricots: Rinse the apricots under cold water. Cut them in half and remove the stones. For an extra kick, you can crack open a few apricot stones and extract the kernels. They add a wonderful almondy note to the juice.
- Cooking the Apricots: In a large pot, add the apricots and water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until the apricots are soft and mushy.
- Adding Sugar: Add sugar to the pot and stir well to dissolve it completely. Continue to simmer for another 10 minutes. Adjust the amount of sugar depending upon the sweetness of the apricots and your personal preference.
- Blending and Straining: Allow the mixture to cool down a bit. Then, transfer the cooled mixture into a blender. Blend until smooth. Once done, strain the juice through a fine-mesh strainer or a cheesecloth to remove the pulp. Press down with a spoon to extract as much juice as possible.
- Adding Lemon Juice: Stir in the lemon juice. This not only adds a refreshing tang to the juice but also prevents it from oxidizing and helps maintain its vibrant color.
- Chill and Serve: Pour the juice into a pitcher and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or until well chilled. Serve over ice cubes for a refreshing drink.
FAQs Apricot Juice
As a nutritionist, I always recommend incorporating seasonal fruits into your diet, and this homemade apricot juice is a great way to do just that. However, as with any fruit juice, while it is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, it’s also high in natural sugars. So, moderation is key. Enjoy this delicious juice as part of a balanced diet, and remember to adjust the added sugar to your dietary needs and preferences. I recommend consulting a healthcare professional before changing your diet if you have any dietary restrictions or health concerns.