How to Make a Delightful Cream of Asparagus Soup: Step by Step
Welcome to our blog, where we share with you our love for healthy and delicious homemade soups. In today's post, we'll teach you how to make a creamy and flavorful Cream of Asparagus Soup that's perfect for any occasion. Whether you're cooking for a family dinner or hosting a gathering with friends, this delicious soup will leave everyone wanting more!
Servings 2 people
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lemon Juice
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Prep the asparagus:Rinse the asparagus under cold water and trim off the woody ends. Cut the spears into 1-inch pieces and set aside
- Sauté the vegetables:In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened and translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Create the roux:Sprinkle the flour over the sautéed vegetables and stir well to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, allowing the flour to cook slightly and absorb the butter.
- Cook the asparagus:Add the chopped asparagus to the pot, followed by the vegetable broth. Stir well to ensure that the flour is evenly distributed throughout the liquid. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- Blend the soup:Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth. If using a regular blender, allow the soup to cool slightly before blending and blend in batches, if necessary. Be cautious when handling hot liquids, and return the pureed soup to the pot once blended.
- Add the finishing touches:Stir in the heavy cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings as needed. Allow the soup to gently heat through on low heat, taking care not to let it boil.
- Serve and garnish:Ladle the Cream of Asparagus Soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley. If desired, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top. Serve with crusty bread or a simple side salad for a delicious and satisfying meal.