Full Recipe Kadai Chicken (Chicken Karahi)
If you're looking for a dish that's packed with flavor, spice, and aroma, look no further than Kadai Chicken, also known as Chicken Karahi. This popular Indian and Pakistani dish is a staple in many households and restaurants, and it's easy to see why – it's a delicious and satisfying meal that's perfect for any occasion. Here's how you can make Kadai Chicken at home.
Servings 4 People
- 1 KG 1 kboneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 Piece onions, sliced
- 2 Piece tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 Teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 Teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 Teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2-3 Piece green chilies, sliced
- In a large pot or wok, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the cumin, coriander, fennel seeds, and black peppercorns and fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced onions to the pot and fry until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pot and cook until they have softened and turned into a thick paste.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pot and stir-fry for a few minutes until the chicken turns white.
- Add the red chili flakes, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt to the pot and mix well
- Add the yogurt to the pot and mix until it is well combined with the chicken and spices.
- Cover the pot and let the chicken cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes, or until it is fully cooked and tender.
- Once the chicken is cooked, garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and sliced green chilies.
- Serve hot with naan or rice.
- You can use bone-in chicken pieces for this recipe if you prefer.
- For a richer flavor, you can add a tablespoon of ghee or butter to the pot after the chicken is fully cooked.
- Adjust the amount of red chili flakes and green chilies to your preference for spice.
Very good 👍 recipe